Perimeter Intrusion Detection and Security
The OptaSense Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) safeguards your infrastructure and assets using advanced distributed acoustic sensing technology capable of identifying and locating multiple threats in real time, with point-locating capabilities to 10m.
Instead of simply providing an alarm, OptaSense’s advanced sensor technology can detect, classify and precisely locate a number of activities, including people, vehicle movement, low flying aircraft, manual and mechanical digging, gunfire and many others.
Unlike conventional buried sensors, the Perimeter Intrusion Detection System significantly reduces nuisance alarms using reliable algorithms that decipher and classify the type of intrusion in real time. Users can be notified of alarms via text or email, and by leveraging GPS coordinates, the system can pinpoint the location of a security breach within seconds.
With this information, asset owners can increase the effectiveness of response mechanisms, such as patrols and helicopter reconnaissance, by ensuring manual inspection is focused on areas of real activity.
• Detects, locates and classifies multiple threats
• Identifies vehicles, personnel, digging and fence breach
• Offers passive and undetectable protection
• Provides continuous coverage
• Installed on standard fiber optic telecoms cable
• Delivers superior results compared to traditional sensors
• Connects to other sensors (CCTV, C2)
• Reduces nuisance alarms
• Provides exceptional wind noise rejection
• Delivers a scalable and expandable system
• Eliminates infield maintenance requirements
• Buried, fence mounted or hybrid installations
• Borders and military
• Utilities (water / energy / communications)
• Industrial (chemical / petrochemical / refinery)
• Transportation (roads / rail / ports / airports)
• Commercial (data centers / distribution facilities)
• VIP residences / golf courses / resorts