OptaSense commits to Middle East
New office opens in Dubai
Exhibits at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference 2012
The company that protects the world’s key infrastructures by turning fibre-optic cables into listening devices will be exhibiting at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference 2012 (ADIPEC).
It will be their first appearance at the Show since opening a new office in Dubai.
OptaSense is the world leader in acoustic fibre sensing providing services for upstream applications such as seismic and well monitoring and midstream applications such as pipeline security and condition monitoring.
OptaSense delivers vital operational and security data to help operate, protect and secure the critical assets and infrastructure of leading oil and gas companies worldwide. The company has been operating with customers in Oman, Qatar and Iraq for several years and has grown significantly, requiring a more permanent presence in the Middle East.
The new office in Dubai includes Business Development and Technical Support staff. Along with the new office, OptaSense has also invested in data recording units and vehicles based in Dubai to support its seismic and well monitoring services. This regional capability allows the company to be closer to its customers and be more flexible and responsive to their needs throughout the whole project lifetime. The OptaSense technology has been deployed successfully worldwide, and there are now operations in over 40 countries including in the Middle East.
The appearance at ADIPEC is part of the commitment OptaSense has to the region and reflects the growing realisation that prevention is vital for the future of the oil and gas industry. With oil theft and breaches of pipelines costing the industry billions of dollars in lost revenue every year, OptaSense will be explaining their vision for protecting pipelines.
Magnus McEwen-King, MD for OptaSense said:
“After successfully establishing ourselves in Europe and the Americas, expanding our services into the Middle East was the next logical step for OptaSense. Our regional headquarters in Dubai enables us to provide our customers with local support to assist in the design, commissioning, operation and support where and when needed.
“The region is an essential part of the global oil industry and is rapidly growing its pipeline infrastructure, many of which are crossing borders and servicing multiple clients. OptaSense ensures these pipelines are operated safely, securely and efficiently. Additionally, our investment in people, equipment and infrastructure within the region will enable us to provide seismic and well-monitoring services to a number of regional operators.”
For further information please contact:
- QinetiQ Press Office – email@example.com / +44 (0) 1252 39 3500
- Rebecca Mitchell, Maitland – firstname.lastname@example.org/ +44 (0)207 379 5151
Notes for Editors
- OptaSense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the QinetiQ Group
- It is a platform technology which has applications in a number of markets, including infrastructure security where the technology is already in use to monitor 13,000kms of assets, principally providing leak detection and third party intrusion detection for oil and gas pipelines.
- OptaSense is the world leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and operating in 40 countries globally with operations across multiple industries including Oil & Gas, Defence & Security, Transport and Utilities.
- Website: www.optasense.com