OptaSense, a QinetiQ company, is excited to announce the release of Version 2.9 of the OptaSense DxS Browser Visualization Software suite. The software allows users to easily integrate large distributed data sets into workflows, including 3D depth, time and measurement data, while managing quality control, analysis and interpretation.
Several major improvements have been incorporated into the version 2.9 release, including:
- Sparse data set visualization – The DxS charting framework has been upgraded to provide a mode for displaying very sparse datasets, by removing the gaps between data segments and displaying the data on a non-linear time scale. This enhancement will provide support for analyses of datasets involving looking for long term trends, and easier comparison of datasets captured at widely separate time intervals. At the same time, the representation of areas on the waterfall where no data is available has been changed to make it more readily distinguishable from areas of low signal
- DTS datum trace import and export – the DxS Browser will now allow DTS data datum traces to be shared between projects and datasets for consistent and efficient data analyses.
- Time-shift capability for imported curves – the DxS Browser now allows users to clean up imported data series (curves) by applying timestamp corrections.
- Enhanced data tree refresh button operation – the usability of the DxS Browser has been enhanced by allowing the data tree to be refreshed readily when curves have been modified by DxS plugins.
- Transferable waterfall color maps – both the color map, and the color map limits, can now be copied from one waterfall to another, improving user efficiency when presenting data.
- Interpolating line plots – the user can now select for interpolation across large gaps when drawing line-plots of sparsely or unevenly sampled data series.