On behalf of OptaSense, a QinetiQ company:
We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation around the world, this is an unprecedented time for everyone—a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty.
I want you to know we are committed to reducing the risk of exposure for our employees, customers and partners while continuing to provide the experience, technology, and service our customers have come to rely on from OptaSense.
For our valued customers and partners, we understand the critical importance of mitigating the impacts of this pandemic to our business operations, our employees and the markets we serve. You rely on us to provide cutting-edge distributed fibre-optic sensing, and we understand the responsibility that entails. Meeting that responsibility day in and day out, in any environment, is our primary focus.
Business Continuity Plan
In response to the current situation, we’ve implemented our business continuity plan—which examines all areas of our business operations—and have taken actions to ensure continued service to our customers. Rest assured, we are prepared to meet your business needs.
Considering the most recent news and announcements from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented the following actions to minimise business disruption:
- Corporate policy and personnel well-being – we are conducting daily briefings throughout our management structures around the world and with our parent company QinetiQ, to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff.
- Remote work implementation – Based on local conditions and requirements, we have ensured our people have the tools they need to work from home and stay connected. Personnel have access to our corporate systems and specific personnel will be in our offices and facilities, per corporate health and safety guidelines, to perform key tasks.
- Product supply lead times – We have strong inventory levels in our various regions and do not anticipate disruption in our lead times for clients.
- Technical support – We are implementing a remote support plan in our Operations group to facilitate technical support. As always, clients can access our 24-hour helpdesk or contact us by email to gain access to a remote engineer.
- Customer needs – Ensuring we understand your needs during this difficult time is of utmost importance. Our sales and support team continue to dialogue with our customers and are focused on carefully listening to their needs in order to provide fit for purpose and rapid solutions.
- Communication – In a constantly changing environment, we believe that regular and direct communication with our customers, partners and suppliers is vital. OptaSense will continue to reach out regularly and we ask that our clients do the same. We invite you to follow us on LinkedIn for the latest OptaSense updates.
These steps have been taken to limit the potential spread of the virus, to support our employees in this challenging time and to ensure we maintain our ability to serve you, our customer, for the long term.
Please be safe and stay healthy.
Please monitor public health and local government guidance to ensure the safety of yourself, your family and your community.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
UK Government COVID-19 Information
Canada Public Health COVID-19 Page
UAE Dept of Health COVID page
, also Ministry of Health
, Dubai Health Authority
, Dubai Govt Media
World Health Organization