A History of Innovation
Our Distributed Fiber-optic Sensing (DFOS) technology is built on decades of expertise and experience.
OptaSense is delivering significant business value worldwide through the deployment of ground-breaking technologies utilizing Distributed Fiber-optic Sensing.
We have continued to experience significant growth in both demand and our business, with more than 150 employees, and offices across the USA, Canada and the Middle East. We have installed more miles of fiber-optic sensing systems than any other provider, a statistic of which we are extremely proud.
OptaSense has a rich heritage in fiber-optic sensing, signal processing and continuous research and development, keeping us on the leading edge of sensing technology.
We are proud to have been at the forefront of numerous industry milestones —
- The world’s first Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) pipeline leak detection
- The world’s first DAS downhole acquisition project
- The world’s first DAS downhole seismic acquisition
- The world’s largest fiber-sensing rail monitoring project
- The world’s largest fiber-sensing pipeline monitoring project
Recognized as an industry leader
Over the years, OptaSense has earned numerous awards and recognition for its contribution to the fiber-optic sensing market.
2013 – Hart Energy Meritorius Award for Engineering Innovation in Geosciences
2014 – The Queen’s Awards for both International Trade and Engineering Innovation
2016 – World Oil Awards Finalist for Best Completion Technology